Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sonicwall NetExtender On Ubuntu Missing Library

I've just upgraded my main home PC to Ubuntu 12.10, and as expected some things need some tweaking to work.

For example the Sonicwall NetExtender VPN client threw me some errors indicating that it could not find the correct java library.  I decided to remove it and re-install the latest version, just to be sure.



Well, upon running the intsall script, I was given this:


     Checking library dependencies...
     Missing library: libssl.so.6
     No compatible version found.



This is not surprising, I believe I had the same issue when I was installing the netExtender on 12.04 clients.

Thefix is found here


Bottom line, you need to create symlinks for the working version of the missing libraries, and this depends on the version you are using x86 or 64bit


Either: 

For 32 bit:
sudo ln -s /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.6
sudo ln -s /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.6


OR


For 64 bit:


sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.6
sudo ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.6



And then you should be able to install and connect your VPN happily.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. This worked for me.