Monday, October 26, 2009

Windows 7 Annoyances / Fixes

Today I installed Windows 7 on my work PC. I have been running it on other machines for a while now, but now I will be using it every day.

Which of course leads to a litany of annoyances, nitpicks, and other issues while I get accustomed to it.

Annoyance: the windows keep resizing when I try to move them
Fix: go to control panel, ease of access center, check the, select make mouse easier to use. Check the "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen"

Annoyance: Windows Live messagener no longer minimizes to the system tray, rather keeping a slot on the taskbar.
Fix: exit windows live messager. search for it in the taskbar. right click on "Windows Live Messenger" and select properties. Choose the compatability tab, and set it to run in vista SP2 compatibility mode.

That is all for now. I will update this as needed.

No comments: